Busted: Bobbi Kristina Investigated For Underage Gambling
More trouble may be headed Bobbi Kristina’s way pending an investigation by the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Yesterday, TMZ showed footage of the 19-year-old hitting the slot machines with rumored boyfriend Nicki Gordon after the Billboard Music Awards and now that the casino has gotten whiff of this, they’re launching an internal investigation to figure out if she really was gambling underage.
Beyond the MGM Grand, The Nevada Gaming Commission has also launched its own investigation into the footage which means both Bobbi and the casino could be in trouble. Underage gambling is a misdemeanor in Nevada, punishable by up to 6 months in county jail or a $1,000 fine. If the MGM grand is found to be at fault, their fee will be much bigger.
Casinos require I.D.s before turning over cash prizes so it’s not likely Bobbi actually won anything on the slots but usually the rule is you have to be 21 to even step foot anywhere in the casino area—not that I recall anyone walking around carding people when I went to Vegas. It’s not surprising she was able to get into the casino and if it wasn’t for smartphone country no one probably would have ever known.
Unless the commission decides to make an example out of her, I’m pretty sure nothing will come of this investigation. But you never know. What do you think?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Evening Eye Candy: Baller Andre Iguodala
- Am I Trippin’? Was I Too Stubborn, Or Was He Trying to Be Too Controlling? You Tell Me…
- ‘Think Like a Man’s’ Ban In France Proves It’s Hard To Be a N*gga In Paris
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Jungle Fever”
- Decoding Your Downstairs: 8 Things Women Need To Know About Their Va Jay Jay
- Shopping While Fat: It Must Get Better
- Final Cut! Celebs We Haven’t Seen Since The Ax Came Down!
- This Right Here’s a Panty Dropper: D’Angelo Looks Delicious in GQ